Time Description Room Location 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM Grand Ballroom Foyer Four Seasons Miami 8:30 AM - 10:30 AM
- International Program
- Featuring speakers from around the world, the International Program will consist of presentations and a panel discussion of how real estate transactions are performed in various countries, highlighting the legal and technical nuances of the selected markets. Following the panel, attendees will be able to sit down with presenters at our “Deal Exchange Roundtable” to get more detailed information and ask questions.
- Speakers: Winson Chan, Javier Montero, Gene Shi, Atsuko Yube
Miami Four Seasons Miami 8:30 AM - 9:45 AM
- Lenders and Their Portfolio – Why it Should Matter to You?
This multi-topic session will break down different aspects of lending to luxury and international buyers. Topics include a discussion of Portfolio Lending, How Foreigners Can Build Credit, Navigating International Taxes, and Luxury Lending.
- Speakers: Bryan Ahn, Michelle Kim
Coconut Grove Four Seasons Miami 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- Effectively Serving the Asian American Market
- Asian Americans come from a wide variety of cultural backgrounds that shape their business views and practices. This session, led by AREAA Co-Founder John Wong, explores some of these nuances so that you can avoid mistakes that could cost you business, or conversely, help you finally close that deal.
- Speaker: John Wong
Coral Gables Four Seasons Miami 10:00 AM - 11:15 AM Four Seasons Miami 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM Miami Four Seasons Miami 11:30 AM - 12:45 PM
- International Lunch (Invite Only)
14 Thirty-Five Four Seasons Miami 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
- Opening General Session: Exploring Global Capital Flows
- Foreign investment continues to be a critical driver of the real estate market. What are the hottest global markets for foreign investment? What are the internal and external factors shaping the investment climate in these cities? Our panel of experts goes behind the numbers to shed light on what is happening in the world of global real estate investment.
- Speakers: Anthony Chan, Angie Lee, Jesse Ottley, Stephen Siegel, Craig Studnicky, John Wong
Grand Ballroom Four Seasons Miami 3:15 PM - 4:30 PM Miami Four Seasons Miami 3:15 PM - 4:30 PM
- Session 2: The International Finance Panel
- Obtaining financing for an international client can be challenging. There are many different paths with myriad benefits and drawbacks. Find out everything you need to know to be sure you are getting your client the best deal possible.
- Speakers: David Gates, Charles Ruffin
Coconut Grove Four Seasons Miami 3:15 PM - 4:30 PM
- Session 3: Globalizing Your Business with Technology
- So you have a listing that you would like to promote overseas – how? Learn how to leverage cutting edge technology and get your listings in front of international buyers.
- Speakers: Janet Case, Tim Hur, Rob Mehta, Michael Orme
Bal Harbor Four Seasons Miami 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Welcome Reception
- Network with attendees from around the globe.
Palm Grove / Bahia Four Seasons Miami 8:00 PM - 9:30 PM
- Network Directory Reception (Invite Only)
- Join AREAA in congratulating our top Luxury, Commercial and International agents! Mix and mingle with AREAA’s top producers in a luxurious atmosphere.
Time Description Room Location 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM Grand Ballroom Foyer Four Seasons Miami 9:00 AM - 10:15 AM
- Session 4: China’s US Gold Rush
- In the early part of the 21st century, China was virtually nonexistent on the global investment scale. Today, they invest more money in US real estate than the next four countries combined. What changed? Why is the US such an attractive destination for Chinese capital? What can we expect going forward? This panel will explore in-depth this amazing development and what it means for you.
- Speakers: Elizabeth Harrington, Jim Park, Gene Shi, James Wright
Miami Four Seasons Miami 9:00 AM - 10:15 AM
- Session 5: Mining for Gold: Building a Powerful Business Network
- Learn how to identify top agents overseas, find the perfect lender anywhere in the world, and maintain a steady flow of high end or international clientele. Our panel of experts will walk you through the process of how to build a powerful and productive network that will ensure you always know the right person for the job.
- Speakers: Laurent Demeure, Brett Dickinson, Jeff Fisher, Melissa Miller, Peter Turtzo
Coral Gables Four Seasons Miami 9:00 AM - 10:15 AM Bal Harbor Four Seasons Miami 10:30 AM - 11:45 AM
- Session 7: AREAA Goes to Washington
- AREAA’s core mission is to promote and increase sustainable and affordable homeownership within the AAPI community. Each May, AREAA members head to Washington DC for the annual Policy Summit. In this session, learn about AREAA’s policy positions for this year, and how they affect the community and your business.
Bal Harbor Four Seasons Miami 10:30 AM - 11:45 AM
- Session 8: Virtual Reality, Drones, and the New Age of Marketing
- Virtual reality is making it where clients can step into a home anywhere in the world from the comfort of their own couch. Drones are allowing agents to create stunning photography and videography for their marketing campaigns. Technology is changing the way real estate agents can connect with and market to clients. This panel will explore (and perhaps demonstrate!) the myriad ways that real estate marketing is evolving in the 21st century.
- Speaker: Paola Bisoneaux
Coral Gables Four Seasons Miami 10:30 AM - 11:45 AM
- Session 9: Understanding High Net Worth Individuals (HNWI)
- Did you know that CostCo© was rated the top place to shop in a survey of HNWI’s ? Explore the consumer and buying trends of the uber-wealthy to gain a better understanding of who they are and what they want from an agent.
- Speakers: Felise Eber, David Friedman, Jarrod Guy Randolph, Zar Zanganeh
Miami Four Seasons Miami 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM Grand Ballroom Four Seasons Miami 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Commercial Sessions
- #1 - Luxury Hotel and Retail Development Many developers are focusing on luxury projects around the country. What is driving this? How much more luxury can the markets absorb? #2 - Luxury Retail Trends Shopping malls and new retail developments are adding many international luxury retailers. What retail strategies are working and what are not? Tourism impact? Landlord vs. tenant relationship?
- Speakers: Faith Hope Consolo, Michael Hanschen, Sam Suzuki
Bal Harbor Four Seasons Miami 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Miami Boat Tour
Join us for an exciting and informative boat tour of the mixed-use Miami River.
All attendees will receive a great take-away: a detailed handout highlighting the more than 1,100 new residential units featuring additional sections of the public Riverwalk, a new riverfront restaurant opened with another two (2) under construction, the historic Miami River Inn was restored, a new section of the public Riverwalk opened with three (3) additional sections under construction, a Marine Industrial Vocational School was created and More.
The tour includes retail & marine industrial business sites in addition to learning more about ongoing Miami River improvements.
2:00 PM - 3:15 PM
- Session 10: The North American Investment Network
- Throughout human history, trade routes have facilitated cross-border commerce and economic growth. Today, perhaps the most active and lucrative trade network is between North America and Asia, particularly in real estate. Learn more the capital flow between Asia, Canada, Mexico, and the United States is reshaping global real estate
- Speakers: Francisco Angulo, Chris Kervandjian, John Reza Parsiani, Don Pingaro, Dano Sayles
Coral Gables Four Seasons Miami 2:00 PM - 3:15 PM
- Session 11: Millennials and Luxury Real Estate
- As the largest consumer group in the nation begins coming into their own financially, there is much evidence that millennials are abstaining from the luxury market. Why is this? What barriers are preventing millennials from purchasing luxury properties? What are the solutions?
- Speakers: Sherry Chris, Edgar David, Danny Hertzberg, Skylar Olsen
Miami Four Seasons Miami 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Wynwood Miami Art Tour
- Across the world, art plays a vital role in the creation of community and cultural identity. It has the power transform blighted neighborhoods into vibrant centers of social and economic activity and change the landscape of a city. We invite you to experience one such of these neighborhoods: the Wynwood District of Miami. Abandoned warehouses and shuttered factories have now given way to numerous art galleries, restaurants, cafes, and other local businesses – turning what was a desolate industrial zone into one of Miami’s hottest arts districts. Witness first-hand the transforming power of art in this one of kind experience, only at the AREAA Global + Luxury Summit Fee: $10
3:30 PM - 4:45 PM
- Session 12: Making Your Market Matter
- When marketing to international investors, sometimes agents outside of the “gateway” cities can sometimes feel at a disadvantage. How can secondary markets promote themselves overseas as viable investment alternatives to the bigger, more well-known cities?
- Speakers: Dean Jones, Janet Minard, Irina Kim Sang, Vicky Silvano, Kenny Truong
Coral Gables Four Seasons Miami 3:30 PM - 4:45 PM
- Session 13: The Sophisticated Marketer
- Marketing a luxury home can be an expensive task, but with a little outside the box thinking you can create effective and professional campaign that will make your listing stand out from the crowd. Learn from some of our top producing luxury agents how they market their listings to get results fast.
- Speakers: Herman Chan, Jill Eber, Mike Reagan, Jeff Toth
Miami Four Seasons 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Miami Night Out (Ticketed Event)
- Price per ticket: $50 Address: Mandarin Oriental, Miami 500 Brickell Key Dr, Miami, FL 33131
The Beach Mandarin Oriental, Miami
Time Description Room Location 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM Grand Ballroom Foyer Four Seasons Miami 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- CIPS Course: The Americas and International Real Estate
- This course offers you practical information on working with Caribbean, North, Central, and South American investors. Historical and cultural influences, regional relationship, and investment opportunities are covered along with a special focus on Mexico. Learn More Fee: $50 Members $100 Non Members
- Speaker: Ron Phipps
Coconut Grove Four Seasons Miami 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Closing Brunch: The Future of Luxury Real Estate (Ticketed Event)
- What does the luxury market of tomorrow look like? Who is the luxury buyer of the future? What do they want? Where are they looking? Featuring some of the top minds in luxury real estate, this panel goes in-depth to examine some of the most critical trends that are redefining the market as we know it.
- Speakers: Randy Char, Craig Hogan, Anne Miller, Charlie Young
Grand Ballroom Four Seasons 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Pre-Development Tour (Ticketed Event)
- Miami is unmistakably known as a top destination for some of the world’s wealthiest families. Each year, more and more ultra high-net-worth individuals are drawn to its shores as a place they want to live, work and play. Fee: $20
6:00 PM - 7:30 PM Offsite