Time Description Room Location 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM Spanish Ballroom Foyer Fairmont 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- CRS Session: Succeeding in the Luxury Home Market (Ticketed Event)
- This course is designed to assist real estate professionals in developing the market expertise and savvy customer service skills necessary for success in the luxury home market. The focus is on providing learners with a strategy for breaking into the luxury market and valuable tools to successfully compete. Click here to register
- Speakers: Jack Cotton
Parliament Fairmont 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- CIPS Course: Europe and International Real Estate
- Europe and International Real Estate This course introduces real estate professionals to the basic skills and knowledge necessary to facilitate international transactions with European clients, and is designed to benefit both experienced real estate professionals as well as those just getting started.
- Speakers: Fanny Chu
Council Fairmont 9:00 AM - 11:30 AM
- Affordable Housing – Addressing the Challenges
- What can the city of Seattle do to ensure that more homes down the pipeline are affordable? With technology companies like Amazon, Microsoft and others driving housing prices up, Seattle and surrounding suburbs are now facing a housing affordability. Representatives from Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and other agencies will participate in this session to discuss an issue that many agree has reached crisis-level not just in Seattle but across the country. Join this session as we explore common challenges and celebrate affordable housing successes in many parts of the United States.
- Speakers: Fred Underwood, Maiko Winkler-Chin, Joel Ing, Sam Luna, Vicky Silvano, Gayle Bryce, Tom Truong
Senate Fairmont 9:00 AM - 11:30 AM Congress Fairmont 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM Garden Fairmont 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM Senate Fairmont 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM Metropole Fairmont 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM The Garden Fairmont 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Charity Poker Night
- The AREAA Education Foundation and Realogics Sotheby’s International Realty are hosting a poker night to benefit the foundation’s initiatives. Limited spots.
Offsite Lawtonwood Estate Time Description Room Location 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM Spanish Ballroom Foyer Fairmont 8:30 AM - 10:45 AM
- Opening General Session: Realtors Without Borders
- As international investment in US real estate continues to soar, it’s more important than ever to understand who these investors are, what they are looking for, and how you can reach them. Our panel of experts includes top level executives from some of the world’s largest real estate companies sharing insights and advice on taking your business to the next level.
- Speakers: Ash Bhatnagar, Cerita Battles, Apolo Ohno, Terri Morrison, Simon Chen, Farook Mahmood, John Wong
Spanish Ballroom Fairmont 11:00 AM - 12:15 PM
- Seattle Real Estate Forecast
- Seattle is on the world stage and the iconic space needle is the pin on the map. A variety of factors have catapulted Seattle to its current status as the most intense housing market in the nation. You will walk away with a full understanding of key indicators behind today’s Seattle housing market: The six phases of the yearly housing cycle, future home price appreciation; and how housing follows a ten year mega cycle.
- Speakers: Mary Swanson, Mike Appleby, Lennox Scott, Vincent Ha
Senate Fairmont 11:00 AM - 12:15 PM
- The Women of Luxury Real Estate
- For decades the real estate industry, particularly in the luxury market, has been a male dominated field. Not anymore. This panel of successful women has worked their way to the top of the game and want to share their knowledge with you.
- Speakers: Josie Tong, Tere Foster, Jennifer Marchetti, Heidi Hurst, Janet Minard
Metropole Fairmont 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM Spanish Ballroom Fairmont 11:00 AM - 12:15 PM
- Making Your Market Matter
- When talking about international real estate, a few cities always seem to dominate the discussion: New York, Los Angeles, and San Francisco. But there are many other amazing cities that have tremendous investment potential for investors overseas – so how do you get your message out? Learn effective strategies for promoting your market to those who might be interested in investing ‘outside the gateways’.
- Speakers: Dionne Cuello, Linda Lee, Amy Duong Kim, Lenny McNeill, Richard Silver, Dean Jones
Congress Fairmont 12:15 PM - 2:00 PM
- A List Lunch (Invite Only)
Parliament Fairmont 12:30 PM - 2:00 PM
- International Lunch (Invite Only)
The Garden Fairmont 2:15 PM - 3:30 PM
- The Changing Face of America
- As the nation’s fastest growing demographic, with purchasing power now over $1 Trillion, AAPI are becoming a dominant force across many aspects of business and culture. Dive into the numbers and gain a better understanding of the obstacles and opportunities AAPI are facing in this country, and how your business can better serve this dynamic community.
- Sponsors: ,
- Speakers: Hope Atuel, Keith Bickel, Mariko Carpenter, Mike Reagan
Congress Fairmont 2:15 PM - 3:30 PM
- Understanding Wealth and Success
- Working with Ultra-High Net Worth Individuals (UHNWI) can be a very delicate task. By better understanding what makes these successful people tick, you can deliver superior service and earn more business. This session will feature professionals who work with some of the world’s most exclusive clientele sharing their secrets about how they got where they are, and how you can too.
- Speakers: Kevin Thompson, Moya Skillman, Jack Cotton, David Xu, Zar Zanganeh
Metropole Fairmont 2:15 PM - 5:00 PM
- Offsite Property Tour 4/8
- Sponsors: ,
Meet at the Lobby Offsite 2:15 PM - 3:30 PM
- Smart is the New Luxury
- Luxury isn’t all about decadence anymore – it’s also about intelligence. Smart appliances, energy efficient design, and environmentally sensitive architecture are among some of the most desired features for the savvy luxury buyer. This panel will discuss some of the most in demand amenities in today’s luxury market, as well as look at new innovations that will define luxury in years to come.
- Speakers: Teresa Palacios Smith, Brett Caviness, Dyllan Nguyen, Winson Chan, Alex Chaparro
Senate Fairmont 3:45 PM - 5:00 PM
- The World is Your Stage: Global Marketing Strategies
- If you build it, they will come. If you want to tap into the red hot market of international real estate investment, you must build a global brand. We have brought together some of the top producing international agents to share their strategies for building a global audience and taking your business to the next level.
- Speakers: Val Burmester, Victoria Vo, Tim Hur, Jeff Toth, Irina Kim Sang
Metropole Fairmont 3:45 PM - 5:00 PM Congress Fairmont 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Welcome Reception
- Network with attendees from around the globe.
- Sponsors: , ,
Spanish Ballroom Foyer Fairmont 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Seattle Night Out
- Open to All
- Address: Museum of Pop Culture 325 5th Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109
Offsite Museum of Pop Culture Time Description Room Location 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM Spanish Ballroom Foyer Fairmont 8:30 AM - 10:30 AM
- Closing General Session: Shaping the Future of Luxury Real Estate
- Luxury real estate is changing. As millennials continue to come into their own as the largest consumer group in world history, their tastes and styles are redefining the luxury market as we know it. Our panel of experts discuss some of the biggest developments, hottest trends, and the technological expertise that will be required from real estate agents who are determined to stay ahead of the curve.
- Speakers: Brian Stablein, Alex Perriello, Lesli Akers, Rick Sharga, Roy Choi, Anthony Hitt, Craig Hogan, Anne Miller, Randy Char, Jim Park, Herman Chan
Spanish Ballroom Fairmont 10:45 AM - 12:00 PM
- What Matters to International Buyers
- International buyers have tastes as varied as the backgrounds from which they come. Learn about some of the top amenities international buyers look for in a property, and what they expect from their agent.
- Speakers: Jessica Ye, Koichiro Ito, Carla Rayman, Gene Shi, Jenny Cui
Congress Fairmont 10:45 AM - 12:00 PM
- National Housing Policy Update
- There have been major policy changes at the federal level which will have significant impacts on the housing market over both the short and long terms. This panel will examine some of the most important developments for both AAPI and the market as a whole, while looking to the future to examine the impacts these policies could have on you and your wallet.
Senate Fairmont 10:45 AM - 12:00 PM
- The New Face of Luxury: Millennials
- Millennials are changing everything – how we work, how we communicate, how we live. The luxury market is no exception. What was once a must-have for a luxury home may now actually be a turn-off, and what is now a necessity may not have even existed a few years ago. Don’t know what we mean? Come to this session.
- Speakers: Kenny Truong, Suchi Bhagat, Ace Watanasuparp, Munt Alhussain, Edgar David
Metropole Fairmont 12:15 PM - 1:45 PM Spanish Ballroom Fairmont 2:00 PM - 3:15 PM
- Habits of the Successful Luxury Agent
- Success doesn’t just happen. You have to create it. This panel features some of the most talented and successful luxury agents in AREAA discussing their habits and motivations that keep them at the top of their game.
- Speakers: Tony Giordano, Cindy Hanson, Nicole Beauchamp, David DeSantis, John Reza Parsiani, Don Pingaro
Metropole Fairmont 2:00 PM - 3:15 PM
- Commercial: Project Reboot - Repositioning Your Position.
- What do you do when your property or listing is functional obsolete? Using adaptive reuse of an existing property to a more productive use. Examples include conversion of factories to residential loft living, conversion of apartments to Airbnb and senior living. Learn more about adaptive reuse from those with on the ground experience and see how you can transform your properties.
Senate Fairmont 2:00 PM - 3:15 PM
- The New Real Estate Mega-Market: Canada
- Vancouver, Toronto, and Montreal are some of the hottest real estate markets in the world, and for good reason. Canadian real estate has come to be seen as just as potentially rewarding of an investment destination as any US city through concerted efforts to attract the world’s capital. Hear from some of Canada’s finest about the opportunities awaiting you and your clients in our neighbor to the North.
- Speakers: Tim Hudak, Gregory Klump, Tony Joe, Tina Mak
Congress Fairmont 3:30 PM - 4:45 PM
- Commercial: What’s Hot in Commercial Real Estate?
- Senior living, Marijuana grow facilities, cooperative work spaces, data centers, distribution centers. There are plenty of new and exciting developments in the commercial sector that can help you elevate your business.
Senate Fairmont 3:30 PM - 4:45 PM
- Building Wealth Through AREAA Global’s Exchange
- Learn how AREAA members are making handsome referral commissions and building business through AREAA Global’s real estate development & investment opportunities. This session will teach you how to use and best maximise the newly launched AREAA Global Exchange -providing members exclusive access to deals to connect with your client network. We invite you to become a part of the growing success story! Hear from AREAA Global’s newest strategic partner & special guest speaker- Representing one of the top 3 home builders in the nation. Working together to make our members more successful - while doing good for AREAA’s mission!
- Speakers: Atsuko Yube, Thomas Moles, Janet Case, Young Ahn, Andrea Berenfeld, Li Xu, Michelle van Ruyven
Congress Fairmont 3:30 PM - 4:45 PM Metropole Fairmont 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Commercial Mixer
Garden Fairmont 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Education Foundation Closing Reception
- For a minimum donation of $50, get the full Seattle nightlife experience and give back to the community at the same time! Your tax-deductible donations will go towards the foundation's Welcome Home Heroes Housing Assistance Program, which provides housing assistance grants to veterans in need. Join us as we close out the Global & Luxury Summit in style, honor a veteran, give away raffle prizes (trip for 2 to Asia, anyone?), and more!
Columbia Tower Club Offsite