Time Description Room Location 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM Lower Lobby Royal Hawaiian 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- CIPS Course Global Real Estate: Local Markets
- Global Real Estate: Local Markets (for U.S. and non-U.S. professionals)
This introductory course offers you an overview of the international real estate business environment, including capital flow, currencies, government regulations and cultures. Topics such as international brokerage, networking, marketing, and selling will also be discussed.
You must take this course before taking any other CIPS courses. Upon completion of this course, you will receive elective credit towards the ABR and CRS designation (applies to U.S. members only).
- Review Course Outline
- Sign Up for the Online Course
- Find a Classroom Course or CIPS Institute
- Speaker: Fanny Y. Chu
Regency III Royal Hawaiian 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- RSPS Course: Home Sweet (Second) Home
- This one-day course from NAR is designed to teach the essentials of buying, selling, and managing resort properties and second homes for recreation, investment and development.
- Help clients evaluate and select the type of property, form of ownership, and financing options.
- Identify strategies for building a rental business or assessing the investment value of a property.
- Understand the IRS guidelines for tax treatment of second-home vacation and investment properties.
- Use market statistics and trends to develop a business plan.
- Successfully complete the one-day Home Sweet (Second) Home: Vacation, Investment, Luxury Properties course
- View three one-hour free webinars, free of charge
- Submit application and one-time application fee of $194.50
- Be a member in good standing in NAR (or member of NAR international cooperating association)
- Speaker: Ginni Field
Regency II Royal Hawaiian 9:30 AM - 11:45 AM
- International Session
- Join our international guests (from China, Canada, Japan, Singapore and Sri Lanka) in round table discussions to hear about opportunities in their markets and learn how to do businesses in their countries.
- Speakers: Excell Chua, Yusuke Fukumura, Tina Mak, Michael North, Ken Urata, Jessica Ye, Xiaofang Zhou
Regency I Royal Hawaiian 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM Monarch Room Royal Hawaiian 1:45 PM - 4:00 PM Regency I Royal Hawaiian 5:30 PM - 9:30 PM
- AREAA Luau (Ticketed Event)
- Families Welcome! Price per ticket: $100
Offsite Hale Koa
Time Description Room Location 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM Lower Lobby Royal Hawaiian 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- Opening General Session
- This general session will focus on the economic outlook of foreign real estate investments in the United States. Hear from a panel of experts on key indicators and factors that affect these investments from residential to commercial real estate opportunities. Attendees will also gain knowledge on current global real estate trends to generate new business opportunities in the local markets.
- Speakers: Rick Davidson, Anthony Chan, David Gates, Michael Innis-Thompson
Monarch Room Royal Hawaiian 9:00 AM - 9:45 AM Monarch Room Royal Hawaiian 9:45 AM - 10:30 AM Monarch Room Royal Hawaiian 10:45 AM - 12:00 PM
- Breakout 1: World-Class Agents
- As an organization with global reach, AREAA has access to some of the very best agents in the world specializing in cross-border transactions. We have picked some of the very best to discuss closing an international deal.
- Speakers: Francisco Angulo, Dionne Cuello, Scott Larimer, Nancy Suvarnamani
Regency I Royal Hawaiian 10:45 AM - 12:00 PM
- Breakout 2: Making Your Market Matter
- For years Vancouver, San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York City topped the list as the most sought after markets for Asian homebuyers but that’s changing. Relative affordability, education and economic fundamentals in secondary markets offer attractive alternatives – sometimes this is happening naturally and sometimes organizations are the catalyst. Join real estate leaders for this insightful case study of emerging cities that are becoming global gateways for immigration and investment and how your market could be next.
- Speakers: Dean Jones, Kenneth Li, John Reza Parsiani, David Wolf, Jim Wright
Regency II Royal Hawaiian 10:45 AM - 12:00 PM
- Breakout 3: Relocation Specialists
- Corporations often leverage specialized agencies to relocate their workforce. This specialized real estate market can provide tremendous income opportunities for those who choose to service it. So what does it take to get started and succeed in this market? Listen to some of the best in the business about how they rose to the top.
- Speakers: Michael Franklin, Chris Kervandjian, Angie Lee, Michi Olson, Pandra Richie
Regency III Royal Hawaiian 12:15 PM - 1:30 PM Monarch Room Royal Hawaiian 1:45 PM - 3:00 PM
- Breakout 4: Battle of the Millionaire Agents
- Learn how the best became the best. This intimate session will feature some of the nation’s Top Luxury Agents discussing the challenges and successes that helped them rise to the top.
- Speakers: Tracy Allen, Myra Brandt, Randy Char, Patricia Choi, Craig Hogan
Regency I Royal Hawaiian 1:45 PM - 3:00 PM
- Breakout 5: Asia’s Hottest Markets
- What are the hottest markets in Asia for real estate investment? Why are they the best? Look no further than this session, featuring some of the best minds in international real estate and economics.
- Speakers: Excell Chua, Shigeo Inokuma, Jeong Im Kang, Mark Kitabayashi, J. Peter Turtzo
Regency II Royal Hawaiian 1:45 PM - 3:00 PM
- Breakout 6: Servicing High Net Worth Clients
- This session will provide you with intelligence on where you must go to meet these clients, who the trusted advisors are for this market, and the skills and mindset needed to create connectivity with affluent clients. Learn from the best how to properly and professionally service this unique market.
- Speakers: Frank Chu, Edgar David, Jennie Opdyke, John Wong
Regency III Royal Hawaiian 3:15 PM - 4:30 PM Regency II Royal Hawaiian 3:15 PM - 4:30 PM
- Breakout 8: Canada: Coast to Coast Luxury
- Don’t let the cool weather fool you, Canada features some of hottest luxury markets in the world. This session features a panel of experts to discuss why you should be taking note of what’s happening in our neighbor to the North.
- Speakers: Tony Joe, Tina Mak, Brian Rushton, Richard Silver
Regency I Royal Hawaiian 3:15 PM - 4:30 PM
- Breakout 9: Resorts and Second Homes
- It’s not uncommon for successful individuals to own more than one home. What do the wealthy look for in a resort or second home? What hottest cities and regions for this type of investment? We’ve got the best of the best to discuss everything you need to know about serving this lucrative market.
- Speakers: Manny August, Jr., Gina Duncan, Eddie Flores, Jr., Anne Hogan Perry
Regency III Royal Hawaiian 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Global Networking Reception
- Network with AREAA members and leadership, international attendees, global real estate executives, technology strategists and real estate professionals that represent all facets of the industry we serve. Meet and greet other professionals in the exciting field of international business, expand your network of business partners and connections, exchange best practices, and discuss strategies for the continually changing economic landscape.
Coconut Grove Royal Hawaiian 10:00 PM - 1:00 AM
- Late Night Event Hosted by theEDGE, AREAA Young Professionals (Ticketed Event)
- Join AREAA’s future leaders for an evening that has become a “can’t miss” event and enjoy a vibrant night of music, dancing and networking.
- Fee: $50 per ticket
Time Description Room Location 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM Lower Lobby Royal Hawaiian 9:30 AM - 10:45 AM
- Breakout 10: Developer Showcase
- We’ve brought together some of the biggest and brightest names in the industry to discuss their work and share their insight about the economic and stylistic trends they see happening in the world of real estate development.
- Speakers: Patrick K. Kobayashi, Nicholas Vanderboom, Jeff Yamaguchi
Regency II Royal Hawaiian 9:30 AM - 10:45 AM
- Breakout 11: AREAA’s No Other Campaign
- This year AREAA has launched a massive campaign to have the US Census disaggregate data on AAPI in their highly influential quarterly homeownership reports. Hear from AREAA’s leaders about why this matters, and how you can get involved.
- Speakers: James Huang, Tim Hur, Jim Park, Vicky Silvano
Regency I Royal Hawaiian 9:30 AM - 10:45 AM Regency III Royal Hawaiian 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM
- Closing General Session
- The closing general session, focused on luxury real estate, will provide insights into high-end consumer preferences, luxury lifestyle and housing trends. Hear a panel of experts from all over the country as they share in-depth experience in the luxury sector.
- Speakers: Cedric Choi, Gino Blefari, Sherry Chris, Wing Lam, Anne Miller
Monarch Room Royal Hawaiian 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Time Description Room Location 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Maui Home Tour (Ticketed Event)
- Join AREAA on the island of Maui! The tour will include active listings on the island and will highlight the luxury home market.
- Time: 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Price: $40
- Hotel Rates: Hyatt Regency Maui $299 (plus tax and resort fees)
- Have questions? Email Gina Duncan email@example.com