Time Description Room Location 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Promenade B Waldorf Astoria 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Welcome Reception (Ticketed Event)
- Network with attendees from around the globe. Enjoy and evening of fun and entertainment brought to you by Sotheby’s International Realty. This event is co-hosted by New York Metro and New York East chapters.
- Fee: $75 per ticket
10th Floor Sotheby’s Auction House 1334 York Ave, New York, NY 10021
Time Description Room Location 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Silver Corridor Waldorf Astoria 9:00 AM - 10:15 AM
- Breakout 1: Leading Cities for International Buyers in North America
- This session will provide you with compelling statistics and information on top markets for international investors. Gain competitive knowledge on leading markets across North America from experts as they share their unique perspectives on market conditions, real estate trends and buying opportunities.
- Speakers: William Endsley, José Javier Hidalgo, Gordon Hoppe, Dean Jones, Brian Krueger, Peter Park
Jade Salon Waldorf Astoria 9:00 AM - 10:15 AM
- Breakout 2: Top Luxury Specialist
- Here is your opportunity to interact with some of the industry’s top luxury producers and learn how their experience with business planning, goal setting, marketing and client development strategies can benefit your business and your clients.
- Speakers: Laurent Demeure, Shawn Elliott, Nikki Field, Arthur Hung, Cathy Izumo, Vince Rocco
Astor Salon Waldorf Astoria 10:00 AM - 11:45 AM
- Global Congress
- Top presenters and industry leaders will offer participants the latest information on international real estate trends, opportunities, and resources. This session will bring together AREAA’s global partners & professionals to collaborate and discuss issues impacting the international real estate community.
- Speakers: Kirkor Ajderhanyan, Paul Boldy, Anthony Chan, Wayne D’Amico, CCIM, David Friedman, Budge Huskey, John Wong
Basildon Room Waldorf Astoria 10:30 AM - 11:45 AM
- Breakout 3: Understanding Asian Home Designs and Buying Preferences
- Asian American and immigrant consumers have unique housing preferences and specific orientation related to purchasing homes. Learn market best practices that will help you capture more Asian American homebuyers through better understanding of customs and home design needs, including Feng Shui protocols.
- Speakers: Anjie Cho, Kelly Deck, James Hart, Christina Shaw
Jade Salon Waldorf Astoria 10:30 AM - 11:45 AM
- Breakout 4: The Art of Art Collecting: The Ultimate Lifestyle Experience
- High net worth clients are looking for more than buying real estate. They are searching for the ultimate lifestyle experience. Understanding art collecting is one of those lifestyle benefits they are seeking. Hear from leading art aficionados about the fine art of art collecting.
- Speakers: C. Hugh Hildesley, Jim Park, Teresa Rodriguez, David Sleeman
Astor Salon Waldorf Astoria 1:45 PM - 3:15 PM Grand Ballroom Waldorf Astoria 3:30 PM - 4:45 PM
- Breakout 5: Real Estate Trends in Asia
- Learn about global market opportunities and business nuances from in-country experts from China, India, Philippines, Korea and more! Learn about some of the top investment markets in Asia and network with real estate professionals from those markets.
- Speakers: Paul Boldy, Dionne Cuello, J. Peter Turtzo, Atsushi Yokoyama
Jade Salon Waldorf Astoria 3:30 PM - 4:45 PM
- Breakout 6: International Business Deal Exchange
- This is the ultimate networking session that brings together buyers and sellers of international and commercial real estate. The session will highlight some of the top developments in the North America and Asia, and help make the business connection needed to get the deal done and build lasting referral relationships.
- Speakers: Wally Knipp, John Lin, Julia Yong-hee Park, Judy Sahagian, Joseph Yi
Basildon Room Waldorf Astoria 3:30 PM - 4:45 PM
- Breakout 7: Millennial Luxury Real Estate
- Millennial generation is transforming the way business is being conducted in every aspect of the economy. Hear from real estate leaders about how this generation of buyers is altering the Luxury and Global real estate business.
- Speakers: Sherry Chris, GieFaan Kim, Caron Ling, Raquel Quinet, Jessica Ye
Astor Salon Waldorf Astoria 5:00 PM - 5:45 PM
- Korea Trade Mission Session
- Koreans has been investing many billions of dollars into U.S.A. every year. Come and learn what Korea Trade Mission has been working on to bring benefit to our members. KTM will talk about the goals, program and what you can expect from the KTM Trip.
- Speakers: Allen Chiang, Carmen Chong, Peter Park, Kathy Tsao, Atsuko Yube
Basildon Room Waldorf Astoria 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- AREAA Awards Gala (Ticketed Event)
- Join us as we honor highest achievements and leadership for their business acumen within in the Asian American
communities’ world-wide. The evening will highlight the contributions as well as success of those who have impacted lives
of others in building an Asian American Communities. The highlight of the program is the announcement of the Pinnacle
Award. In addition, the 2014 AREAA Achievement Awards are presented.
- Fee: $200 per ticket
- Attire: Black Tie
- Speakers: Chris Kui, Congresswoman Grace Meng, Jose Antonio Vargas
Grand Ballroom Waldorf Astoria 9:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Korea Trade Mission Event (Ticketed Event)
- AREAA's Korea Trade Mission Committee is excited to invite you their networking event to help raise aware . This is a perfect place to deepen your connections with people doing business with the Koreans and learn what AREAA is doing to connect members to real estate businesses in Korea. Mortgage professionals, and affiliates are also welcome! If you are interested in doing business with the Koreans and expanding your businesses in the Korean community please join us.
- Fee: $50 per ticket for members
- $65 per ticket for non-members
- Location: TBD
Offsite House Play Clubhouse 20 West 23rd Street, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10010
Time Description Room Location 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Silver Corridor Waldorf Astoria 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM Grand Ballroom Waldorf Astoria 10:45 AM - 12:00 PM Basildon Room Waldorf Astoria 10:45 AM - 12:00 PM
- Breakout 9: Going High End – Creating Your Luxury Brand
- Hear from experts who work primarily with luxury brands as they discuss how to break into this niche market, and the skills and knowledge you will need to be successful.
- Speakers: Pete Campbell, Randy Char, Melody Lee, Elisa Orlanski Ours, Wendy Purvey, Alan Way
Jade Salon Waldorf Astoria 10:45 AM - 12:00 PM
- Breakout 10: Understanding the China Opportunity
- China now has the second most Billionaires after the United States, and those newly-minted high net worth buyers have a strong appetite for real estate investments all around the world. Learn from industry and marketing leaders about how to position your business to capture the “China Opportunity”.
- Speakers: Nick Antonicello, Elizabeth Harrington, Bill Hunt, Dean Jones, Andrew Lee
Astor Salon Waldorf Astoria 12:15 PM - 1:30 PM Grand Ballroom Waldorf Astoria 1:45 PM - 3:15 PM
- Breakout 11: Prospecting for Asian Clients and Developing International Customers
- Meet real estate professionals who have successfully created business and referral connections in Asia. From developing relationships with wealth managers to networking with immigration firms to participating in marketing tours, different techniques have been leveraged to cultivate business. Hear from international real estate professionals on which strategies worked best for them.
- Speakers: Sophie Aretta, Frank Chu, Bruce Feffer, Michelle Kim, Vicky Silvano
Astor Salon Waldorf Astoria 1:45 PM - 3:00 PM
- Breakout 12: Real Estate Investment Strategies For High Net Worth Clients
- International, high-net-worth clients are often looking for guidance on investment opportunities. Whether its distressed properties, commercial real estate and other income generating investments, international real estate professionals must understand the financial needs of options of his or her clients.
- Speakers: Allen Ching, Deborah Larrison, Kris Stegall
Jade Salon Waldorf Astoria 1:45 PM - 3:00 PM
- Breakout 13: Top Real Estate and Hotel Developer Panel
- Hear from leading real estate and hotel developers about market trends, development opportunities and the ends and outs on how to market to international buyers.
- Speakers: Andrea Berenfeld, Christopher Gill, Joey Lai, Mitchell Moinian, Joseph Yi
Basildon Room Waldorf Astoria 3:15 PM - 4:30 PM
- Breakout 14: Financing Solutions For Luxury and Global Buyers
- Global buyers are seeking opportunities to invest in commercial and residential properties. This panel will discuss how deals are structured, business strategies they use in making decisions regarding investments, and providing financing options for those who want to further leverage their capital position.
- Speakers: Lesley Corydon, Latonia Donaldson, Josh Goldstien, Angie Lee, Jeff Needham, Bill Siewert
Jade Salon Waldorf Astoria 3:15 PM - 4:30 PM
- Breakout 15: Asian Investors Investing in Commercial Projects in the US.
- Get a perspective from agents, investors or owners that have worked with Asian investors who have purchased investment properties in the US.
- Speakers: Faith Hope Consolo, Wayne D’Amico, CCIM, Jim Huang, Houman Mahboubi, Judy Sahagian
Basildon Room Waldorf Astoria 3:15 PM - 4:30 PM
- Breakout 16: Avoiding International Deal Trouble Spots
- Learn from international experts on how to avoid problem areas in terms of conducting international real estate from referral fees to client taxation issues to funding issues. Avoid the mistakes that are commonly made in the global business.
- Speakers: Ryan Edwards, Margaret Ling, Tina Mak, Bryan Schick, Jimmy Sexton
Astor Salon Waldorf Astoria 5:00 PM - 6:30 PM
- Global Networking Reception (Open to all Registered Attendees)
- Network with AREAA members and leadership, international attendees, global real estate executives, technology strategists and real estate professionals that represent all facets of the industry we serve. Meet and greet other professionals in the exciting field of international business, expand your network of business partners and connections, exchange best practices, and discuss strategies for the continually changing economic landscape.
Vanderbilt Room Waldorf Astoria 7:00 PM - 9:30 PM
- Japan Connect Event (Ticketed Event)
- AREAA Japan Connect Committee is delighted to invite you to a networking event at penthouse of the world famous four star hotel, The KITANO New York . This is a perfect place to deepen your connections with people doing business with the Japanese and learn what AREAA is doing to connect members to real estate businesses in Japan after our successful Trade Mission last October. Mortgage professionals, and affiliates are also welcome! If you are interested in doing business with the Japanese and expanding your businesses in the Japanese community, Don’t miss it!
- Fee: $50 per ticket for members
- $65 per ticket for non-members
- Location: 66 Park Avenue at 38th Street New York, NY 10016
Offsite The KITANO New York 10:00 PM - 1:00 AM
- Late Night Event Hosted by theEDGE, AREAA Young Professionals (Ticketed Event)
- Join AREAA’s future leaders for an evening that has become a “can’t miss” event and enjoy a vibrant night of music, dancing and networking.
Address: 307 E 53rd Street New York, NY 1002
- Fee: $40 per ticket ($50 per ticket at the door)
Offsite Copia NYC
Time Description Room Location 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM Silver Corridor Waldorf Astoria 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- CIPS Course: Europe and International Real Estate (Ticketed Event)
This course provides you with insight in regards to working with clients in Western and Central Europe. Topics include: the European Union and its impact on international real estate, economic and real estate trends, networking and relationship building, and marketing and selling practices.
- Fee: $50 for members & $100 for non-members
- To learn more about a CIPS Designation click here
- Speakers: Fanny Y. Chu, May Wan
Conrad Site Waldorf Astoria 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- EB-5 Overview (Ticketed Event)
- What you need to know to market, solicit, accept fees and give advice related to the purchase and sale of securities. This one-day session will help you navigate through securities transactions as it relates to the EB5 program. Other topics to be covered include licensing information, finders' fees and commission, insurance requirements and other issues that you need to know to be part of an EB5 transaction.
- Fee: $25 for members & $50 for non-members
- Speaker: Michael Gibson
Park Ave Center North Waldorf Astoria 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM
- How to Run a Profitable Brokerage Workshop (Ticketed Event)
- This is a hands-on workshop for a limited number of attendees to have you develop a strategic business plan and create a profitable brokerage for years to come. Master new metrics and techniques to maximize your returns.
- $25 per ticket for members
- $50 per ticket for non-members
- Speaker: Paul Kilian
Herbert Hoover Room Waldorf Astoria 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Luxury Property Tour
- Experience the Most Exclusive Address in the World at The Summit Ready to stroll down the most beautiful streets in the world? You’re sure to be inspired by the historic architecture and creative atmosphere of New York City! As a way to wrap up the fabulous summit, we invite you to an exclusive luxury property tour. The half-day of luxury property tour will include preview of the city’s hottest properties on the market. Come see how Manhattan real estate is redefining luxury living. This event is sponsored by the Corcoran Marketing Sunshine Group. To learn more about the properties on this tour click here
Offsite Midtown Manhattan